Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Dangers of eBay

I may have said "temptations", too. Being an addict of new shiny things, I frequently go to ebay.com/sun. They have some sweet machines over there, like dual-Opteron workstation with nVidia Quadro professional graphics. And you know what? These have been auctioned off at prices around $1500-$1800! Darn! No wonder I registered an eBay account to just be able to participate in this... After all, the joke was only a joke in part. Sun Micro really is financing Java developers allowing (some of) them to get some decent hardware and software. But man, it is scary. I bid on one of those and as I was sitting there, 2 hours to the end of an auction, thinking: do I really need it? Will my wife not kill me for blowing this much money on a 4th computer? Luckily, somebody out-bid me. I wonder if somebody is doing a business buying these boxes for cheap and then reselling...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home