Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Frustrations of development for mobile devices

Having major issue with the situation BREW put us into. Not being BREW developer myself, I thought, OK, I'll help my company a bit and develop either WAP or HTML helper application, so that we could roll it out to our customers really quick (instead of putting it through Qualcomm's and carrier's certifications which usually amounts in around 1 to 1.5 months). So, I asked around, which phone models are most popular with our customers, grabbed one in QA and tried to surf the 'net. Since I switched to GSM phone recently I could not even imagine how greedy (and stupid) people running CDMA networks are. Customer has to subscribe to a "service" with a monthly fee of around $5 to be able to browse the Web. So, charging for data transfer (in form of minutes used) is not enough? Makes me really angry. Yeah, tell me again about thriving BREW ecosystem!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home