Sunday, February 22, 2009

"man inetd.conf " made me cry

...almost

There's something wrong with me. I keep on asking questions Google knows no answers to. I realize that a desire to have rsync daemon enabled in Solaris may be quite uncommon. Well, you demigods of organized computerland, I happen to have a use case you did not plan to address. I need to run Opensolaris in a VirtualBox VM on Windows XP host, and I need to share files fr,,,

F$^%k it. Why do I need to explain?!

Update: the error message is obscure beyond obscene. It actually just meant that rsync service is not known to the system. Upon adding appropriate entry in services file, inetconf ran successfully. However, while rsync'ing works, accessing guest OS using rsync:// URL does not :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home