Sunday, February 27, 2005

Since when short-sightedness has become the norm for governments?

Republican senator John McCain sems to require every other nation to be no smarter than US when it comes to energy policies. He declines to allow Iran to develop nuclear power programs based on that "They're sitting on a sea of oil, as we know." Well, haven't you guys heard the wake-up call, oil is running out. At this point I'd like my home country to actually start conserving oil through reduction of extraction. Leave it for our children, and their children.

This short-sightedness may be the direct consequence of the fact that no president (and no elite accompanying him/her) can plan ahead for more than 4 years.

P.S. I'm very thankful to this guy for opening my eyes to the problem of peak oil. Not that I could prepare myself for the consequences, though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home