Friday, April 29, 2005

Few things to do first with your new powerful PC

Yeah, install an OS :) Try another. Is it XP Pro 32 that blindly wipes any other partition on your hard drive? Or was it me who fat-fingered something on this Sun-compatible keyboard wrong? Anyway, I'm out of Win XP 64 and out of Solaris X right now. So what do I do with Win XP Pro 32? Uhmm... How about Need for Speed Underground 2? I remember it sucked big time on my 2-year old Athlon powered notebook. This new thing has got Opteron and an entry-level professional graphics card from nVidia, it must handle it, no? Sorry, dude. This game is just not meant to be played on a PC. Such a poor port from PS2 must be it...
Whatever.

Next step: go onto Inet. IE is fired. What for? mozilla.org :) Firefox it is.

Third, java.com, need latest Java runtime for playing games on pogo.com

Fourth, got bored. Back to trying to get multi-boot config... What should it be this time, Solaris X again, Java Desktop 2, or Win XP Pro 64? Which is less damage if it does not work? Solaris X it is, I should really give it a try. After all, Sun Micro has given me such a great deal on this machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home