Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Inquirer.net sellout?

I could be paranoid, or I could be right. For a few weeks after theinquirer.net was acquired by VNU network, I was wondering when will the new owner start milking this well-respected online publication. I could be that it started recently. A bunch of articles, distinctively subtitled as "First Inqpressions" (witnessed by reviews of wireless router, big budget game, and appliance for small business) and penned by "INQUIRER staff" offer something that looks like paid-for reviews to me. Now, they don't offer reviews for atrocious things. And about things mediocre they vailedly manage to say how it is. But these are paid-for pieces to me. I could be wrong, don't hesitate to tell me if I do.

Update: it was silly of me to have any doubt. The link to parent company is quite overt. These pieces are likning to http://www.pcw.co.uk/, which proudly boasts VNUnetwork logo at the top. So, the question now is, how diluted will theinquirer get. I personally valued this site not for their stance on AMD vs Intel (myself being a modest investor in AMD), but for highly caustic commentary on all things High Tech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home